Do you miss Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups since going vegan? Me too. That’s where the inspiration came for Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Perogies and they couldn’t be easier to make with only two ingredients! All you need is a few minutes to make them too. Easy breezy!
I’ve seen elaborate recipes for vegan chocolate peanut butter cups that involve cookie crumbs and vegan margarine and sugar. It’s all a bit overdone. All you need is the chocolate and the natural peanut butter.
Step by Step:
1. Melt some vegan chocolate. Try Enjoy Life mini-chocolate chips. They’re delicious, vegan, gluten-free and mini so they melt faster.
2. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the melted chocolate on to wax paper and spread around a bit to form a flat circle.
3. Take about a teaspoon of peanut butter and drop it into the middle of the chocolate.
4. Fold the wax paper over with the chocolate in the fold to form a half circle and flatten a bit with your hands.
5. Place in the freezer for an hour or so until hardens.
6. Once they’re ready, take them out of the freezer and just simply pull them off the wax paper and your done!
There are many great peanut butters out there. Skippy’s and Jiff do not count. You need the real deal. I used Whole Foods 365 brand organic natural peanut butter.